Saturday, October 3, 2009

This is my new friend, Floyd. We met at work.


Hi all, sorry I've been a bit MIA lately. I really have no excuse. I've been bad about writing in my personal journal as well.

There have been a couple of interesting things that deserve to be mentioned. Firstly, last week I had a really nice birthday. Its always fun to make the staff at Vinny T's hate you for bringing 20 of your closest friends to their restaurant. HB came up and, aside from his wonderful presence, brought me a nice assortment of birthday chocolate from a store that I like in his hometown. I also like to annoy my friends by mentioning that we're now 7 years short of being 30.

I was also offered a second part-time job at my beloved former place of work. They are really backed up with the things I used to do because they're preparing for a big event at the beginning of November. One of my colleagues there decided it should be me or no one because they miss me and wouldn't have to train me. I'll be there part-time for the rest of the month. Its so nice that they thought of me and I'm excited to be back in the office with them. I'll also be making a lot more than The Paper Store pays me for my grueling hours on my feet. I'll be able to sit down and get paid in the office, which will be a very nice change.

The job search front is pretty much the same. I've applied for some good jobs that I should have a good shot at but haven't heard back from anyone despite several people speaking on my behalf. Oh well. As much as I want it to happen now, I know it'll happen when its meant to happen. Thankfully, HB is doing better than I am. He has an interview on Monday with a good company (where a couple of his friends happen to work). Not only might he get a job (fingers crossed) but it means I'll get to see him on Monday- a full week earlier than I thought I would. So excited!

Such is my life at the moment. Hopefully, I'll continue having interesting things to report. Hope everyone's having a good October so far!

No comments:

Post a Comment