
Firstly, a happy and healthy new year to the other members of the Tribe out there. To everyone else, I hope you had a nice weekend.
I promised an update on my new job and here it is. I really like working at The Paper Store. I am the assistant to the Hallmark manager (I love how it sounds like Dwight's title on The Office) which means I unpack greeting cards and put them away in their proper pocket and help customers find the cards they want since we easily have several thousand of them. We literally have cards for every possible situation; from birthdays to missionary work to joining the marines. So far I like doing this. The cards are fun to read and apparently I'm able to do my projects way faster than my manager thought I could. She's always surprised when I ask her what I else I should do. The only thing I don't like about working with the Hallmark cards is the glitter. Do you have any idea how many Hallmark cards have glitter on them? I'd say at least 50%. Its awful. Glitter is the herpes of the art world. Once you've got it, you can't get rid of it.
I definitely like working at The Paper Store. Its a really pleasant environment with nice coworkers and I feel appreciated for the first time in a while. Its nice to feel like the higher-ups are happy they hired you. I also just like greeting customers because I normally smile all day anyway. If I didn't have other ambitions and the pay was better I could stay at The Paper Store for a long time. Its even gotten less painful to stand on my feet for 5 hours straight. This is the first job that I don't mind going to each day, some days I even look forward to it.

I understand what you mean about glitter. It's impossible to remove. Never knew how many of those cards had glitter.
ReplyDelete