Thursday, September 3, 2009

Little joys

One day... this will be mine.


I've decided that the best thing about graduating college (for me) is being able to read whatever I want. There is no syllabus telling what I'm required to read and for when. I've been keeping a list of what books I've read since January out of curiosity. I'm kind of impressed with myself. Thanks mostly to commuting back and forth from Boston for several months, I've read 19 books thus far. I am most certainly the daughter of a lawyer and a librarian. The only downside is that I probably spent too much money on books this year, as I bought most of these and a bunch of others that are in my To Be Read pile. My dream is to one day have my own library in my house. You know, one of those rooms that are entirely bookshelves. One day...

My list thus far:

Daughter of York by Anne Easter Smith
The King's Favorite by Susan Holloway Scott
Plain Jane by Laurien Gardner
The King's Daughter by Sandra Worth
The King's Grace by Anne Easter Smith
Secrets of the Tudor Court: The Pleasure Palace by Kate Emerson
The Spanish Bride by Laurien Gardner
Courtesan by Diane Haegar
Lady of the Roses by Sandra Worth
Girls in Trucks by Katie Crouch
The Ruby Ring by Diane Haegar
The Innocent by Posie Graeme-Evans
The Exiled by Posie Graeme-Evans
The Uncrowned Queen by Posie Graeme-Evans
The Illuminator by Brenda Rickman-Vantrease
Mistress of the Sun by Sandra Gulland
Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince by J.K. Rowling (reread)
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows by J.K. Rowling (reread)
The Last Queen by C.W. Gortner

They are mostly historical fiction. Have any of you out there read some or any of these? What did you think?

1 comment:

  1. There's a strong royalty there here. I haven't read a single one.

    ReplyDelete