Thursday, September 17, 2009

Good stuff, I swear!


My new best friend.


I like my job! Well, so far anyway. Today is only day three. I had training on Tuesday and I spent an hour or so learning about the company and the rules and policies. Then I spent an hour or so on an extensive tour of the store that for some reason didn't involve the back room. I've yet to see it. Then I spent another hour or so being walked through how to use the register. I liked all of the people who were training with me as well as my manager and my district manager. Yesterday I spent my entire shift on the register. I have mastered ringing up customers. So much so that the other two women who trained with me started asking me questions. I even remembered everyone's names! I'm a bit impressed with myself. So far its been a good experience.

Today I'm working from 4 until close at 9. I'm interested to see what closing is like. I know I'm going to be sweeping or vacuuming but that's it. The only thing I don't like about working at The Paper Store is that my back and feet hurt a lot after 3-4 hours. I'm hoping I get used to standing up that long. Thankfully, so far the time has flown and I haven't been constantly thinking about going home.

I'm hopefully going to get my schedule today. I'd really like to know when I'm going to be working for the next couple weeks, especially if I'll have to work next Thursday (my birthday!) even though I marked it as one of the days I can't work. So, yay! I'm much more cheerful now that I'm working and my fingers are staying crossed that I'll continue to like it there.

1 comment:

  1. Very cool! I know what you mean about the long hours of standing. I had a retail job when I was about 21 and it was hard to stand that long for me, too.

    ReplyDelete