Wednesday, November 4, 2009

I've been a little distracted... if by distracted I mean tired.

Yum!


So I'm a little behind on my updates. Forgive me?

I've been at my new job for 2.5 weeks and I still really like it. I'm the assistant to 5 people who are never all in the office at the same time. Somehow this doesn't equal an insane amount of work. I actually have quite a bit of down time but that's OK. I wonder if that will change. I kind of hope that it does. On my first day they even gave me a buddy to show me around and answer my questions. The funny thing is, she's only been there 3 weeks longer than I have so we're actually learning a lot of things together. I didn't expect to be matched up with a buddy but I'm glad that's their policy because it made my first day a lot easier. We all know how much I love awkward new situations.

There are a lot of neat little perks to working where I do. One of them is that I can buy the best challah ever each week from the office. There is also lots of free food around left over from meetings. I'm going to be gaining some weight while I work here. Thankfully, employees are offered cheap membership to the gym across the street. I'll have to take them up on that once I move into town.

My commute is also a whole half hour shorter than when I was at BU. That's pretty nice. Having a three hour commute (there and back) got old after a while. Now it only takes me about 50 minutes to get to work. The only downside is that it means less reading time. Soon I will have to start a new year long reading list. So far I've read 26 books this year. I'm happy with this but I don't find it that impressive. If I didn't have to go to work, I'd have read more this year. : )

Now that I have a job and (most of) my friends have jobs, we've started looking at apartments. Not that we can move into one any time in the immediate future as HB still needs a job. We found a really nice one last night so we'll see how things play out. I've had my fingers crossed for HB for 3 months. He does have an interview tomorrow however, so I get to see him for a lunch date. Exciting!

Such is my life at the moment. I'm pretty happy. Once I have my HB back I'll be completely happy.

The end.

No comments:

Post a Comment