Monday, November 23, 2009

Misadventures on the MBTA: Part 4

Align CenterPoor Charlie. I'd kill myself if I were trapped on the T forever.


So first of all I need to describe this lovely couple that is usually on my bus in the mornings. They are pretty white-trashy and have very loud and very public fights on the bus. They also talk to everyone when they're not talking to each other- which is relatively often as they always seem to hate each other. Today however, they were sitting together and neither called the other colorful names.

I was on the bus on my way to work this morning, listening to my iPod and minding my own business when I noticed that the bus had ceased moving and we weren't at a regular bus stop. I pulled off my headphones to discover that this couple had started talking to a little boy, maybe 3 or so, and his mother. Apparently, the mother telling the kid quite loudly to "sit down and stop it right now!" prompted another woman on the bus to tell the driver that a child was being abused. Now, this is the same driver I have every morning and I can tell you that he's very nice and doesn't need this shit. He already has to drive through Lynn several times a day. So being the good MBTA employee that he is he stopped the bus and examined the situation to humor this woman. After about 15 seconds he decided that this was not a case of abuse and got back in the driver's seat. This of course did not endear this woman to either the couple or the mother of the child. They kept telling her to go to mental hospital as well as some other even less pleasant places until she got off the bus at Point of Pines. They then continues to yell at her through the window. Very classy.

So what did we learn here, kids? It can be determined that being stupid and loud on the bus does not equal child abuse. Welcome to my commute.

No comments:

Post a Comment