Monday, January 11, 2010
New and improved? That doesn't even make sense...
Hello dear readers! That would be, what, all five of you? Yes, well I love you for that. I have been a terrible blogger over the past few weeks. I have utterly failed you all. But I'm back now with little more than I have usually have to say.
It is a new year, people. That means it's time once again to come up with resolutions that I probably won't keep. I came up with ten. What a ridiculous number, I know. Here are several of them:
~Read 50 books this year. Last year I read 33. I think I can do better. This is what a commute is for.
~Blog here at least twice a week. We'll see about this one... I think I might need your help... as in does anyone read this other than HB when I tell him to?
~Try at least one new thing every week. I need to stop being scared of things I've never encountered.
~Take the GRE and get into grad school. In retrospect, the getting into part will probably take me more than a year since acceptance letters are sent out in the spring and I won't be applying until the fall... so let's change this to "Take the GRE and apply to grad school." Yes, that sounds more reasonable.
Some of these are going to be easier to keep than other, for sure. For example, I've already read two books and am part way through a third. Fifty shouldn't be a big deal. I also bought a GRE study guide today. I'm very excited about this because, not only did I get it for 40% off but it's step one toward my ultimate goal: to be a teacher. It's still a long way off and this will probably be the easiest step but hey, it's a start. At the moment I'm actually looking forward to studying. Is that really weird? Yes? No? I just feel like I haven't learned anything aside from how to send a fax and that tax refunds are disappointing since I've graduated. And as we all know, learning is fundamental. Remember that, kids.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


I read this. Keep blogging. When I count the books I read each year, it always ends up in the 30s.
ReplyDelete