I'm starting to wonder just the what the hell I'm doing. Actually, that's a lie. I've been pondering this for a couple months now. I'm afraid I'm wasting a key part of my life. I'm not learning anything, I haven't made any new friends, I'm not really making any money and I'm tired all the time. To top this off, I live at home with no real possibility of living anywhere else in the near future. I'm now convinced that the longer you live at home past age 18 the more you start to hate your parents. Its not looking too good for my mother and I. Yeah, I sound pathetic, don't I? The problem is that I can't figure out what to do to change all of this. The only solutions I've been able to come up with involve money. Therefore, money is evil.
On another only slightly related topic:
Today, May 17, is kind of a special day for me for 2 reasons. The first is that exactly one year ago today I became a college graduate. I left the Bayside Expo Center (yeah, that's just how cool my school is) diploma in hand and I was fairly optimistic about this "next phase" of my life. The novelty wore off about 7 months ago. This pretty much sucks. Regardless of how I feel now, my graduation was a special occasion for me and I loved my time in college.
May 17 is also my father's birthday. He's been gone four and a half years now and I like to think that my graduation falling on his birthday wasn't a mere coincidence. He was a brilliant man and education was very important to him. I hope I made him proud. Tomorrow I will eat a Tastykake Butterscotch Krimpet and watch an episode of Law and Order in his honor.
Edit: for some reason Blogspot thinks its 9:32pm on May 16. I assure you, its actually early hours of the 17th here in Boston.

I like that, a krimpet in your dad's honor. Did he like them? If so, I might have one too. I have some in the freezer. It's funny I bribe people who are in New Jersey to send me boxes of krimpets because I don't think they sell them here. Don't worry about how your life is right now. Things will change. You are soooo young.
ReplyDeleteThey definitely don't sell there here and I miss them! They were part of the dessert at the bar mitzvah we went to this weekend so I snagged some. He did like them but a true homage would be to eat a grapefruit. Those were his favorite.
ReplyDeleteI have some krimpets with your name on them. Let's get together!
ReplyDelete