Friday, May 8, 2009
Who what when where am I?
I've been out of college nearly a year and I still don't feel like a "grown-up". When does that kick in? How old do I have to be? Or maybe its more the experiences that will make me feel like an adult. I have no idea.
Yesterday, I went to a signing by one of my favorite bands at one of my favorite stores, Newbury Comics. I've been listening to this band since I was 15, about 8 years. My friend and I were definitely the oldest people there aside from the band and the staff. The crowd was mostly goth-punk high school kids with a few odd parents thrown in and maybe a college kid or two. It made me feel very old and completely out of place even though I probably knew about this band before most of those kids knew what mainstream music was. I feel like I should have grown out of this music but at the same time I have no idea what music I should have grown into. I have no idea what I'm supposed to be right now. There are so many things I'm too old for but nearly as many that I'm too young for.
All I know is that this is a really annoying point in my life and I'm waiting for some big realization to come to me. When will that be?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment