Tuesday, June 30, 2009
I think I've done at least 3 happy dances this week
So the concert on Saturday was amazing. I think it was the best show I've ever been to. There's just nothing like seeing several of your favorite bands at once with hundreds of other people who are just as excited to be there as you are.
The show ended my year-long boycott of the new House of Blues on Landsdowne Street. Some of you might remember The Avalon and Axis, two clubs that used to stand where the House of Blues is now. They were great venues and I was angry when the owner decided that Sox fans needed a House of Blues and they tore down Avalon and Axis. I still have no idea what they were thinking. Sox fans want Fenway Park and that's pretty much it. Then Taking Back Sunday, Anberlin and Envy on the Coast were scheduled to play the new House of Blues and I could avoid the place no longer. Its actually pretty nice and much to my surpise the layout is exactly like Avalon only a bit wider. It made me feel like Avalon had merely been remodeled. It was nice. The only problem I had with it was that you could only have alcoholic beverages on the 2nd and 3rd floors. HB and I went to get a drink and ended up missing the first part of Anberlin's set because there was ablsolutely no way we could see the band through all the people on the 2nd or 3rd floor. I kind of made him chug the last of his beer so we could go back downstairs to see the band. So I'm going to give the House of Blues a B+ because I still think I was overcharged for the tickets.
In other news, my mom finally left for over night camp (she's the assistant girl's head counselor and yearbook person). Its pretty nice not having to worry about her getting upset over stupid things. Its only weird at night when she would normally be in bed but the house is empty instead. Otherwise, my brother and I have a pretty good set up here.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment