Friday, June 5, 2009











Our fantastic Gilda-- decked out in the second picture by my mom, who has become one of those dog people. But I guess the fact that I couldn't decide which picture to post makes me one of those dog people, too. She's freaking adorable.



Just for the record, applying for unemployment sucks... and I haven't even spoken to a human being about it yet. So far, I've only tried to do it over the phone because for various reasons I haven't been able to get to the office in Salem. I've tried calling three times, been told by an automated voice that my wait time was 45 minutes once and told by an automated voice to call back another time twice. I think they should hire a couple of the people calling them to work in their call center so they're not always "receiving a high volume of calls" whenever I try to file my claim. Seriously, guys.

I'm not really enjoying being unemployed thus far. Sitting at home is getting old already. I feel guilty about it even though I've been looking for jobs. I'm afraid that any day now my mom will tell me I'm not trying hard enough and shatter the fragile peace we have around here. The truth is, there just aren't any jobs to apply for right now. I'm hoping that there will be by the end of the summer. People like to hire at the end of the summer, right?

Also, I think my poor little doggie is sick. We have to take her to the vet tomorrow. This makes me nervous and adds to my anxiety about getting a job in a timely fashion.

No comments:

Post a Comment