Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Hire me, please!



Just an update on the job searching front:

It sucks.

I've applied for five or six jobs and have had one interview thus far. Other than that one interview and a (hand written and very nice) letter informing me that the position had been filled since September, no one has contacted me. Its pretty discouraging.

I'm probably a little jaded when it comes to this as I got my current job after only four interviews. I just want to feel like I'm making progress. This time around I don't think I'll be that lucky. For starters there really are no jobs in my field to apply for. I'm starting to look at part-time jobs and administrative assistant positions which are not what I was dreaming of. I also don't have much professional experience. If I did, I would have had a job by now (there are a ton posted for someone with either 5-7 years in the field or experience getting major gifts (gifts of usually more than $1,000). The economy isn't helping me much either.

I'm hoping that there will be more jobs to apply for at the end of the summer. People seem to like hiring then. They have their budgets in order and such.

I wonder what the average is for interviews? How many do most people go on before they get a job? How many did any of you go on?

No comments:

Post a Comment