
Remember back when you were a kid and you knew what was going to happen in your life all the time? Ok, you knew to an extent. I'm barring all random emergencies, etc for the sake of this post. What I mean is, you knew that in the morning you woke up and went to school and ate lunch with your friends at the same table in the cafeteria every day. Then you did your homework and ate dinner, watched some TV and went to bed to do it all over again. You knew that Saturday mornings were reserved for cartoons and on Sunday you had to somehow make yourself finish your homework for Monday. You knew what to expect from all of your days. Remember that feeling?
I miss those days. A lot. I also miss the peanut butter and jelly sandwiches I had for lunch at school but there's really no reason I can't have those anymore (another thing to add to my after-Passover awesomeness list).
Now I pretty much only know what my week will look like. If I'm lucky, I know what to expect from a whole month. That was a really weird change. I still haven't really gotten used to it. Even in college you had a schedule. The only thing up in the air was who to eat dinner with and which party to go to on Saturday night.
I lose my job at the end of May and then I won't even know what my week will look like. I definitely can't and won't get used to unemployment. That would be a bad thing. I don't like uncertainty on a daily basis. My looming unemployment has made me realize that I miss those days when I woke up in the morning and went off to school just like I had the day before and would the day after. At least now I don't have homework to deal with.
(Don't you really want a PB&J right about now? You know you do)

I disagree, as much fun as those days were, and how awesome those Saturday morning cartoons were, I am definitely looking forward to getting an amazing job after college and living in my own place and feeling like I have command over my life. I'd like to think it will be even better than the old days where everyone told me what to do and when to do it.
ReplyDeleteAlso yes you are making me want a PB&J, curses! lulz
That's what I thought I was going to be getting when I graduated college. Didn't quite work out that way.
ReplyDeleteI think we all feel that way when we graduate...however, I do not like peanut and jelly together, so I can't agree with your statement!
ReplyDeleteWhat?! I always knew you were a weirdo, Erika...
ReplyDeleteAlways have a hobby.
ReplyDelete